Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Three Year Old For Sale

Today I finally lost it and called Grandma for an immediate rescue. After three days in a row of dropping bowls full of food off the kitchen table I finally couldn't take it anymore. I've cleaned up tiny pasta and gallons of marinara, cheerios and milk, and the applesauce that splattered in a 10 foot triangular pattern. But the straw that broke this mama's back was intervening to stop Alden from literally strangling his brother. He was trying to get a cord neckalce away from Emmett, but of course thought he could do that best by pulling from behind until Emmett turned blue and passed out. Unconscious bodies are much more compliant about sharing toys. Good thing I was in the room and semi-paying attention while I changed Alden's wet-my-bed-in-the-night sheets, or Emmett might not have lived to see three. So, anybody who lives locally (or not) and would like to have Alden over for a playdate - please call! He is a delightful child with impeccable manners.

6 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Reminds me of the Shel Silverstein poem "One Sister for Sale."

If anyone call you about Alden, let them know you have a line on three girls, also for sale.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

This too shall pass!

Candice said...

Put him on the shuttle van tomorrow morning and send him up to me! I just have to say that I love that picture of him sitting in the time out chair with his fingers in his ears and looking like he is yelling. Oh, so typical of Alden. Good thing he is so cute and makes us laugh huh? Seriously, send him up with Stephen on Monday, that will at least give you a few days break without him! Stephen will have the huge van, so I'm sure he'll love the company and JC will enjoy having Alden around, so will I of course. He can have a slumber party on the floor in our room, or better yet in the closet.

Susan said...

I'm about ready to throttle my 3-year-old, too. Isn't there some kind of little boy boot camp we can ship them off to?

Kristi said...

Great advertisement. :o) I love the story about strangling coupled with the irony of the final statement: impeccable manners... He is delightful. All of your kids are so dang cute, I can't imagine them being so naughty! :o)

The Crandell Crew said...

Craziness! Boys are such fun! When it rains it pours (apparently it rains marinara sauce at your house.) But it can't last forever. Clear skies ahead.