Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An Exclusive Interview with Mr. Alden Bryce Carpenter

Here's a different kind of tag - it's for your kids instead of you.

I've written Alden's answers exactly as he gave them and have refrained from commenting.


1. What is something that Mom always says to you? No snacks until a long time

2.What makes Mom happy? to be nice

3.What makes Mom sad? if you be mean

4.How does Mom make you laugh? funny faces or tickle me or doing me upside down

5. What was your Mom like as a child? like a girl with pretty hair

6. How old is your Mom? 10

7. How tall is your mom? a lot

8. What is her favorite thing to do? wash the dishes

9. What does your mom like to do when you're not around? be with Daddy and go on a date

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? doing the dishes

11. What is your mom really good at? helping

12. What is your mom not so good at? not doing the same things with your other hand, can't help me & Emmett while you take care of the baby

13.What does your mom do for her job? wash the dishes

14. What is your mom's favorite food? meatballs

15. What makes you proud of your mom? blowing up balloons for me

16.If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Nemo

17. What do you and your mom do together? help each other

18. How are you and your mom the same? we are not the same but we have the same color of my pants, so we match

19. How are you and your mom different? we have different hair

20. How do you know your mom loves you? 'cause I know



And we tag: K&K, Brigham, Ryan, and A&C



More Alden stories -


Alden goes in time-out a lot sometimes occasionally and I usually tell him to think about what he did wrong or what Jesus would want him to do. So on Sunday he was in time-out for about 30 seconds and hollered to Aaron & I, "I thinked about Jesus, can I come out now?"


Lately Alden has been wispering in Emmett's ear. It looks all cute, and they both smile. I felt like they were doing their brother bonding stuff & didn't really wonder about what Alden might be saying. This morning Emmett said, "What?" and Alden had to repeat himself outloud. "I said, If you don't do that, I will bite you!" So much for brotherly bonding. He knows he gets in trouble for saying certain things to Emmett, so he's started whispering them in his ear instead. Nice. At least we know he's smart.


8 comments:

mkt said...

So I'm guessing you have a lot of dishes around your house :) It's fun to get a peek at the way they see the world, isn't it?

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

I wish I could wash dishes as good as you!

Brooke said...

love all of alden's answers. too cute! i'm going to do this with my kids when i have a minute.....thanks for tagging us!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Dude! That's so funny. You gotta post it on WRW so I can stumble it (don't want to draw that much attention to your family site). But it is hilarious!!

Tannis said...

haha ok that was hilarious!!

Candice said...

So dang cute! I love that little guy! My favorites: how you were a little girl with pretty hair, you are 10, how you can't do several things with one hand, and my favorite: you sure must be an amazing dish washer!

I can't wait for my JC to get older and say cute things like that this!

Candice said...

I read this to Mom and Dad, Mom said to say that you can come wash her dishes since you are so good at it! Dad says "cute!" They both laughed when I read it to them.
Mom also says to tell Alden:" Scooby Doo is on his way to Alden-Bear"

Kristi said...

This is so stinkin' cute. I'm going to have to remember that little interview when Claire is old enough to give answers...and when you become famous for washing dishes. LOL.