Friday, August 22, 2008

The Middle Child

There is so much going on with Alden lately, and Roland is always hitting new milestones - poor Emmett is getting left in the gap. So here's a post dedicated entirely to my mischevious middle son, cute monkey-face and all.



Mr. Chocolate face there is a result of Emmy finding my stash of extra yummy and expensive hot chocolate mix. Of course it was the day after I bought it and he spilled the first half of it all over the car. I guess he has good taste. Notice the scissors in the background that he used to cut it open more, and the magna doodle pen he was using as a spoon.

Emmett loves his cousin Jaycee - sometimes a little too much. They are only a year apart and are destined to be good friends.



Emmett wanted to be all buttoned up in a coat I found and was storing away for next winter. Even though it's like 80 degrees in our house and he only had a diaper on underneath.

This blue jumpsuit was made by my sweet grandmother, who passed away last fall. She made it for me, when I was two. It was also worn by all three of my younger sisters and both of Emmett's girl cousins. I think he's masculine enough to pull it off, even though it was pretty tight in the crotch.



Emmett spends a considerable amount some time locked in his room for time-out. Once I went in to get him and found him in this dresser drawer. He was fully reclined, sucking his thumb, and just hanging out with his blanket. He loves that duckie blanket.

I took this glamour shot after Emmett helped himself to my mascara. He often watches me put on makeup, and I am just trying to remember that saying about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. I'm just glad he didn't get it in his eye.



The first day Alden had preschool Emmett was sick. The baby sleeps during that time, so Emmett & I had some snuggle time on the couch. I finally convinced him to take some Tylenol and he drifted off for a 30 minute nap. I hate it when my kids hurt.

Emmett wore underpants for the first time. He is doing quite well on the potty training, but we are pretty passive around here. He's only 2 years old (and 3 months) so we have plenty of time. But he uses the big potty quite regularly and sometimes I put underwear on him for 20 or 30 minutes at a time, when I think he'll be clean & dry. He's very proud of his Elmo underpants.




I love my Emmy!

No comments: