Monday, January 22, 2007

And the Two Shall Become One



We have been waiting 8 months for this day and last Saturday, January 13th, we finally moved Emmett's crib in with Alden. Now we can finally reclaim our office/craft/sewing room and Aaron gets to relax in his lazy boy after giving it up to his nursing wife for the second time. Just in time for NFL play-offs and the superbowl! I don't know why they don't make cribs small enough to fit through doors, but Alden was there to be Mom's big helper with his new tools as we broke down and reassembled. After sleeping through the night for one whole week, I guess the change in locale upset Emmett and he was screaming by 1am. And I didn't know what to do. Should I let him go on, like I used to, or should I stop him from waking up Alden. A week later, things haven't gone very well and I've settled into a routine of grabbing Emmett out of there, nursing him in the living room, and putting him back down in the play pen in our new office. Luckily Alden goes back to sleep quickly. But hopefully we'll make progress soon. I'd love to hear any suggestions or new ideas for sibling co-sleeping! Or not sleeping. : )

No comments: