Saturday, August 11, 2007

And now the sad news

Aaron was in Chicago this last week so up took the boys up to the mountains, and of course we always take our Brittney dog. Poor Brittney has been getting older I guess, and has been having seizures the last 6 or 8 months. And I guess it was finally her time to go. She passed away lying peacefully in the grass on Thursday, August 9th. Poor us, we miss her terribly! Luckily the boys are too young to be devastated, but I know they will miss her a lot - Alden has been saying everyday, "I miss Bee-bee so much!" We all do. Emmett loved Brittney too - and she was the most gentle, patient dog. Even when Emmy pulls her ears, pokes her eyes, and bites her paws, Brittney hardly made a sound. As you can tell from the pictures, she has been Alden's buddy since he was born. Can a boy grow up without a dog?



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

We're so sad to hear about Brittany! She was a wonderful dog. You likely have some tough days ahead adjusting to life without your four-legged family member. We'll be thinking of you. xo

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

yes, much as I hate to admit it, Brittney was a great dog and a good pet. hope you guys are doing okay and that Alden can transfer some of that Brittney love to his great little brother...

Marcy said...

My in-law's dog just died. Sad to say, no one was really all that upset except Adam's sister (whose dog it was). I was looking forward to being able to put my baby on the floor without having to worry about what the dog was doing, but my MIL went out and bought a new puppy not a week later! Hello!

Surely Shannon has told you all the mishaps we had with animals growing up...

Maybe someday we'll get on the bandwagon and get a pet, but I doubt it will be one that barks.

Sorry about your loss. Was it yours or Aaron's or did you get it together after you were married?