Monday, February 25, 2008

Shower for One, Please

Today I took my first shower while home alone with the three boys. Although maybe alone is a relative word here. I waited until I thought Roland was asleep in his room, where the boys couldn't get to him. And then I debated locking myself in, or leaving all my doors open. Alden & Emmett were playing outside, but the time before they need some kind of adult help or comfort is always short-lived. And I figured it was better for Emmett to be in bothering me than getting into things I can't see, or being stomped on by Alden. My private showered lasted two or three minutes before I had all sorts of company. I was very quick, but spent the first half trying to keep Emmy from joining me - he loves showering with Dad. Luckily he found my stash of bobby pins and played happily on the floor the rest of the time. And naturally Roland was crying by the time I got out - but still had to get dressed and complete at least part of my beauty routine. Somehow I am more motivated now to take my showers at night while Aaron is home.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Big accomplishment!!! I feel for you...

mkt said...

Those are the times when I thank my lucky stars for PBS Kids... of course, I actually do lock myself in so I don't have to climb out of the shower to find that Peter has been carted off out of his bed by an overly enthusiastic 4 year old who claims that the baby can't be by himself! Although it is amazing how fast you can shower when you need to :)

Aaron said...

A clean mommy is a happier mommy.