Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Baby's Birthday!



Roland is six months old today! I can hardly believe it's been half a year, but considering the first three months were kind of a blur I guess I shouldn't be suprised. He is a happy baby most of the time and is reaching a lot of milestones. He is pushing up onto his hands and knees all the time and rocking back and forth. Crawling could be coming soon. He sits up pretty well, but still needs some help. He doesn't like to bend his legs and usually just flexes and falls over backwards. He loves to play with toys and can scoot around in a circle during tummy time to find toys or his brothers.


We started him on solid foods about two weeks ago and he loves it. I'm still not sure how much is actually getting to his tummy since most of it seems to end up on his hands/bib/shirt/hair/table. He sticks his thumb in his mouth after every bite. Maybe it helps him slurp it down. We've just done cereal so far but I might try some peas or something this afternoon. He loves the flavored puffs and cheerios though. I have some books on hold at the library about making you own babyfood and hopefully we can get through this stage without bankrupting us. Aaron and I were just saying that in five years or so our grocery bill will probably be astronomical! Three boys eating us out of house and home.


Roley takes a bottle well and doesn't seem to care if it's formula or breast milk, or what kind of formula. He even holds his own bottle on the floor which is nice while I'm making dinner. He still nurses at night and a tiny bit during the day and I try to pump but am not diligent enough about it. I average once a day. But he seems to be gaining weight and I doubt he will starve.



Alden and Emmett love our Ro-Ro and give him more than enough love and attention. Aaron & I are equally grateful for our sweet boy - Happy Birthday Roley!


6 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Love that last picture especially. There's something to be said for having kids all of one gender.

Roley's looking plenty big!

Susan said...

That's a cute picture of all your boys (except Aaron). I never realized how much they look alike, but the similarities are really obvious in this picture. Cute, cute, cute!

mkt said...

You can also check out wholesomebabyfood.com for some good ideas - although I'm of the grind up what I'm eating and feed it to him opinion (within reason of course). Of course, I'm probably just lazy... I've posted some of our favorite combinations on my kitchen page - thorleykitchen.blogspot.com

Cire said...

Roland's a cutie! And I don't think that was nice of Susan to say all of your boys are cute except Aaron!

Candice said...

Sweet Ro-Ro! He is getting so big so fast ! Pretty soon he is going to be the one knocking (sp?) over JC instead of his brothers! Cute pictures of him, what a fun and adventurous future he has in store with his 2 brothers!

Tannis said...

So cute! They are all getting so big.