Saturday, December 20, 2008

Way to Go, Auntie Candice!

Friday morning Aaron and I drove down to Tucson (again) to attend Candice's graduation. She has been getting her Masters Degree in Library Science from the University of Arizona for the last three years. And I am sure glad it's over! I've grown weary of hearing that she can't hang out because "she has to study." I pretty much went down to make sure she was actually in the program and not just making up something to avoid spending time with me for the last three years.


Aaron & I dropped the boys at my mom's for the day then hit a little shopping on the way to Tucson. Trader Joe's, Starbuck's for hot chocolate, and some final Christmas items from Ikea found their was into our car and then we were on the road. When we got to town we had lunch at the most wonderful Mexican restaurant, El Charro. It's in an old home so the atmosphere is amazing, and the food was just as great.


Then we got some lucky, close parking and enjoyed the ceremony. Which just as luckily wasn't too long. Although there were plenty of graduates, Candice was near the beginning & I got some half-way decent pictures of her with my new super-zoom camera. And afterwards we got these great pictures:




After a few family crises, including a broken foot for baby Jaycee and a needed ER trip for Aaron's mother, we had a nice sushi dinner at Ra, where Aaron & I ate last time. Then we headed home, bringing Aaron's parents with us so they could hit the ER. Everyone was fine in a couple days - no need to worry.


So - a big congratulations to Candice! Our little Masters graduate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that Tara! Now I can post on my blog and just tell everyone to check out your blog and they can read all about my graduation! I won't even have to post anything else! IF ONLY.....
I really do need to start posting on my blog again, I've been such a slacker! I need to get those pictures that you took in tucson, can you burn them to a CD for me?