Saturday, March 8, 2008

First Smiles


Roland smiled at me for the first time on Wed. March 5th! I even had witnesses. Jo & Forrest Humble stopped by to visit and bring a cute gift for Roley - they saw the whole thing. I love little fake baby smiles, while they are sleeping or passing gas, but this was a real smile just for Mom. He gave me a few more last night and graced Aaron with his first Daddy smile this morning. This was the closest picture I could get. Isn't that a cute blanket? My Mom made it for Roland - the first blanket just for him rather than a hand-me-down. She crocheted all the cute trim. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Right when you want to give the kid up for adoption because of all his newborn quirks (not eating, not sleeping, crying, etc), he gives you one of these irresistible smiles, and you think, "maybe we'll keep him a little while longer and see how he turns out."

Tannis said...

He's so precious!