Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend O Fun

Friday night Aaron took me out to a little Thai restaurant. It is a little gem we discovered four or five years ago and then I guess we forgot about it the last few years. It's called Benjarong Thai and for you Mesa dwellers, it's on Country Club and Southern. We had a coconut chicken Thai soup (Aaron's fave) and a curry (my fave) and split a dessert. With our 2 for 1 entree coupon the bill came out around $15. My favorite Thai dessert is magoes with sticky rice but since mangoes aren't quite in season yet we got the Thai custard with sticky rice. I mostly love the sweet rice anyway, but the custard was sooo good! I need to find a recipe. It had a very different texture - not as smooth, but not lumpy either. It kind of seemed layered, although I don't think it is. I do have a good recipe for the mangoes and sticky rice - I will post it soon.

Saturday morning we went to the Arizona Museum for Youth. We signed up with Generation Eight, an ASU sponsored program, to attend a special exhibit, (for free!) Jim Henson's Fantastic World. The museum has three areas - a kid's play area that is always there and two rotating exhibit spaces. Alden & Emmett loved the play area - they had tons of cool stuff, some pretty ingenious I thought. Then there was the Berenstain Bears exhibit, which was lots of fun too and had plenty of interactive opportunities for the kids. Not to mention the free refreshments. Last was the Jim Henson exhibit. This was not as interesting for children, since they don't remember The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, etc. and the displays were much more geared towards adults. But Aaron, Candice, and I enjoyed it a lot.





Don't ask me what's up with Alden's smile. This is his camera smile.


Saturday was also Aaron's Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, CJ! We had a little party at the park, had a great time, and ate very well too. The boys love their Nana and she is always taking one or the other of them to give me a break. Candice & I took CJ to lunch last Thursday for her birthday and enjoyed some nice adult time.

No comments: