Tuesday, March 25, 2008

He is Risen!

Even though I am a couple days late - I need to post about our eventful Easter Sunday. But first I want to make a few comments. I love Easter and the chance to remind myself about the two most important events in the history of the world - the Atonement and the Resurrection. Jesus Christ made both of these possible because of His love for us. At church on Sunday, someone said that some Christian sects don't believe in the literal resurrection of the Savior, just that His spirit lives on forever or something. How sad. Just wanted to blog to the whole world that I know that Christ literally rose from the dead and that all men will be resurrected someday. But of course our resurrection would be pointless without the Atonement. I can't even explain how thankful I am for these blessings, but I don't think we mortals come anywhere near to understanding the scope anyway. Easter is a wonderful time to remind us of new beginnings and fresh starts. I feel like I'm at the beginning of my family life now - since my family is complete now. Love this shot of Baby Roland - fresh from his Heavenly Father.


Okay, on to the happenings of our Sunday. The Easter bunny made a stop at our house. Emmett had half his candy eaten before the rest of us woke up. The Johnsons stood us up for breakfast but we headed over to my parents early for a few family photos.

Sacrament meeting was nice, what I could catch of it anyway. The musical numbers were beautiful. In primary, Alden gave his first talk! He's all of three and a half now, so I guess they thought he was ready to have his mom feed him a talk line by line. He did great and everyone seemed to love him. We all tried to relax a bit in the afternoon. Then Shannon cleaned up my whole house while I made dinner. We managed to stuff everyone back into their Sunday clothes in time for our guests at 6. We blessed Baby Roland! It went very well - the rest of the pictures are from the blessing. Roley is the third blessing we've had at home. Aaron thinks it should be a family affair and I say, hey - if we have refreshments then okay by me.





Then, we all cried as the Johnsons packed up and headed back up north. Here's Alden attempting to stow away in the mini-van. He sure misses those girls! These last shots are after everyone from the blessing had left. Finally Roley had something to smile about.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Tara, Roland is adorable! I'm glad you had a good visit with Jane. We blessed Wart last Easter Sunday. Thanks for your comments (on our blog) and prayers.
Love,
Lady Lyn

Susan said...

We blessed Toby at home (because he was still so tiny) , and it was really nice. So much less stressful than doing it at church. I love the pictures of him at the bottom of your post - what a cutie. I think Eric's forgiven him for peeing all over his slacks! Good thing he's so cute :)

Anonymous said...

He gets cuter everyday! Tami

Anonymous said...

Tara, interesting comment- your family is complete? I bet Heavenly Father is up there snickering "if she only knew what I have in store for her" ha ha, he he!!
Love ya, Rachel