Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FHE at the Rolls

My parents pull all their family together once a month for a big family home evening. We're supposed to take turns hosting, but the rest of us are slackers and my parents end up doing most of the work. This month they got their quads all tuned up and invited us for a BBQ in the desert. This place is called the Rolls because of all the fun riding terrain, rolling you up and down. Here are my cute boys when we first got there - nice and clean. You can see the light progression in the pictures - and the dirt quotient too.

Here are some shots after the delicious dinner. Emmett was filthy because we never cleaned the ketchup and food from his hands and face and the dirt just stuck to it like muddy glue. So fun! Isn't my Mom beautiful? She was a big help with Roland (so I could assemble their BBQ and then chase Emmett). Notice the Baby Bjorn is all wet. Turns out Roley is taking after Alden in the drooling department. Nice.
We missed Tami & her family, though it was nice not having to share the quads with as many people. We still wish they had come. But we were very happy to see my cousin Preston & his family. Melanie has become like another daughter for my parents and like a sister for Tami & I. We just wish they hadn't moved out to Florence (seriously) and that we got to see them more often. Alden worships Bradley and Emmett loves playing with Carter and Jackson. Mel & I are hoping to get together in the next couple weeks. She's gorgeous and fits in better with my family than I do. We all love her! Oh, and Preston's not too bad either.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Seeing those pictures reminds me of riding your parents quads around when we all went camping when Stephen and I were dating. How fun! Makes me want to buy quads, or at least borrow someones and ride them around! Melanie's boys are cute, the middle one is a chunk! I remember when he was a baby, he was a super chunk!

Kristi said...

That looks like so much fun! Your kids are seriously so dang cute!!!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Wow, is it just me, or does that Melanie girl look a lot like me, or at least my pink shirt and sunglasses and hair . . .