Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Midnight Monster

Does this look like the face of a monster? We often call Emmett a monster, or a monkey, or a crazy kiddo. I woke up at 4am to the baby crying, which is normal - he was hungry. I sat up, stretched, searched for my slippers, took my time. But as soon as I left my room I realized the door was open to Emmett's room and I tore around the corner to find...

Emmett sitting in Roland's crib. I couldn't see what was going on since it was dark & I was groggy, but I thought Emmett was sitting on him. But when I tried to pull him out, I realized he was holding Roland and trying to pick him up to throw him out of the crib. Nice.
We've been having problems lately with Emmett picking the baby up and have been lucky so far not to have any serious incidents. But it looks like I'm going to have to lock the baby in his room from now on. Oh, the joys of three boys!

5 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Dude! Can't a brother give the baby some love?

Brooke said...

oh my word! that is scary. what are you doing emmett? be careful!!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad you got there just in time! A fall out of the crib at 4am would not have been pleasant.

Tiffany Feger said...

Dylan has climbed in the crib when I put Isaac in there for a nap. Malia followed. I walked into a dance/jumping party and Isaac was trying so hard to sleep through it. He kinda ignores Isaac and may walk by and give him a kiss, but for the most part seems to not even notice- that he's JUMPING RIGHT BY HIS HEAD!

Candice said...

Holy cow! When did this happen? while Emmett was sick? I can't believe you haven't told me this, since I talk to you like 5 times a day! What a monkey that Emmett! When they are older you will tell them funny stories of things they did when they were young and you and the boys will all laugh about it, and you will say "It's a good thing you all are still alive!" And they will laugh, but you will know how true that statement really is!!