Sunday, April 29, 2007

To Utah We Will Go...



Well, we somehow survived the car ride and made it to Orem, Utah. I'm not going to lie; it was very hard. We took these pictures early in the trip before Mom got ready to gag everyone. Emmett was pretty good, just didn't get enough sleep and doesn't like being stuck in the carseat that long. And Alden was about as good as he can be - which is probably like any 2 year old boy. My backpack of fun activities didn't last as long as I wanted - but thank goodness for portable DVD players! The 11 hour trip took us 13 1/2 - but we're here now and having fun!


Alden is in little boy heaven - we are staying with my friends, Lori & Blake, who have 3 boys. Toys and friends galore! And Emmett follows all 4 of them around. He has learned to go up the stairs by himself. We went to church with the Youngs - Alden enjoyed nursery as always. They even said he was good. Aaron's sister, Sally & her family had us over for dinner and the boys loved meeting their cousins, who are big and could take them to play. A thanks in advance for the babysitting these same cousins will do later this week.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Is that Alden in the bottom picture? he is getting so tall!

i am so jealous that you and marcy will be seeing each other tomorrow. wish i could be there! hope you like each other, haha. tom asked me what i would do if tara ends up liking marcy better than me. well, i guess that's a risk i have to take.

have fun!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Hi. This is Adrianne. I thought since you comment on my blog it would be ok to comment on yours...

We are going to Utah this summer and my boys do not believe in sleeping in the car (which is unfortunate). What do you do to keep your boys happy? I guess you are in Arizona? How far is that from Utah? I think we are 20 hours. If only tickets weren't so expensive. Last time we flew Will threw up on Mike. That wasn't the best flight in the world.